How to Cure TMJ

If you find yourself grinding your teeth at night or clenching your jaw it could be TMJ. These are but a few symptoms of TMJ, other symptoms may be waking up with jaw pain or having difficulty opening your jaw in the morning or hearing a clicking sound when opening your jaw.

Yet other symptoms that are attributed to TMJ are headaches, eye pain, neck and shoulder pain to name a few. All of these symptoms can be indications of other ailments, a reason why TMJ may go years without being properly diagnosed.

What is TMJ?

Many use prescription drugs such as a muscle relaxant to relax the jaw during sleep. However, studies show that only 5% of people suffering from TMJ find relief from prescription medication, the other 95% continue to search for relief. Studies also have recently shown that there may be a connection with Fibromyalgia and the pain of TMJ.

What Are The Primary TMJ Causes?

Stress, anxiety, an abnormal bite or crooked teeth are known to cause TMJ and teeth grinding. Some of the reported symptoms are waking up with a headache, feeling tired, pain in their ear, neck or jaw area including neck or shoulders. These symptoms come on gradually so the person may not report anything to the doctor until it is very painful, or they will dismiss it as something else.

Clenching your jaw as a habit during the day may also cause TMJ. Also, teeth that are misaligned may start the grinding and clenching. There will be evidence of grinding or clenching your teeth, your dentist or orthodontist will see this. There may be signs of teeth wearing down, or stress fractures to be wary about. This will usually be the time when your dentist or orthodontist will recommend a nighttime mouth guard.

night guard for teeth grinding

Can TMJ Be Cured?

The first important part is arriving at the correct diagnoses. Many are troubled by these symptoms and ask their physicians why they are experiencing headaches, ear pain or eye pain, these can both be misdiagnosed as sinus problems. Feeling tired, neck and shoulder pain can be misdiagnosed as stress.

TMJ may go undiagnosed until a visit to the dentist, during a routine cleaning. Then the condition of the teeth may show the evidence of teeth ground down or even stress fractures. The complications from TMJ can break a tooth with a filling or a bridge or other mouth appliances.

Once TMJ is discovered and diagnosed then treatment can begin. The normal treatments can be an expensive mouth guard for sleeping, or drugs that helps you relax at night like a muscle relaxant. After years of putting up with side effects from drugs and cumbersome and unattractive night guards for teeth grinding, you begin to feel like you will never find a cure. If you have researched other methods of treatment you may or may not have heard about a holistic approach to TMJ. A holistic method that has been proven to work, with real people that have been through the same battle to find a cure. Testimonials from TMJ sufferers that can testify to a real cure through holistic methods.

Is A TMJ Home Treatment Possible?

Home treatment for TMJ can be possible if you are applying the correct treatments. You may have the right intent but don’t know where to turn or how to start any treatment. You may also wonder how effective a home treatment is without past experience or testimonials from people who have used the method.

What Is The Best Way For You To Find TMJ Relief?

With the availability of today’s internet you can research just about anything, read reviews or real testimonies about fellow sufferers and how they found relief or just as important what didn’t work. A good source of information on the internet is TMJ No More.

Can This Program Help You?

If you have already tried many different remedies such as muscle relaxers, pain relievers, special pillows, mouth guards. Have seen doctors, dentists and chiropractors and have tried many recommendations from friends or family, this program may be for you.

This holistic approach has been proven to help without all the side effects of the many medicines that are prescribed for this problem. A muscle relaxant can make you feel groggy, pain relievers may help at the time or until they wear off, no one wants to be taking pain relievers for the rest of their life. Nighttime mouth guard is also prescribed at a pricey amount, and some don’t like the feel of it in their mouth overnight, nor is it an attractive look.

You can find more information by going to TMJ No More. On this site you can read actual testimonials from people who have been suffering like you, read about their journey and how the program has helped them find relief forever.

Click Here to Learn More From the Official “TMJ No More” Website